Gold medal in bobsleigh
Kaillie Humphries and Heather Moyse defend their gold from Vancouver with a come-from-behind victory in the final run.
Canada out early in snowboard parallel giant slalom
- Canadians Jasey Jay Anderson and Matthew Morison were eliminated early.
- On the women’s side, Marianne Leeson, Caroline Calve and Ariane Lavigne were all eliminated in the quarter-finals
Anderson was the defending gold medalist, and is competing in his fifth Olympics.
No medals in men’s cross-country
- Canada did not make the final in either men’s or women’s team sprint classic
Alex Harvey and Devon Kershaw made history for Canada in the men’s event at 2011 World Championships, becoming first Canadians ever to win gold.
Quarter-finals in men’s hockey
- Canada defeated Latvia 2-1 with a late third-period goal.
- U.S. beat the Czech Republic 5-2, and will play Canada in the semi-final
- Finland upset Russia 3-1, and will face Sweden in the other semi-final
The women’s curling team will play for gold after a 6-4 win over Great Britain in the semi-finals. Jennifer Jones’s team is undefeated so far in Sochi.
Meanwhile, the men’s curling team has a lead over China.
Canada finished out of the medals in the men’s giant slalom.